Choosing Knightons to Sell your home
- UNIQUE LOGIN CODE FOR 24 HOUR UPDATES THROUGH OUR WEBSITE
- HIGHLY FOCUSSED ADVERTISING & MARKETING CAMPAIGNS
- FLOORPLANS PRODUCED FOR ALL PROPERTIES
Selling - The Knightons way
Selling your home can be stressful so it is important to choose an agent you can trust who will make this process as smooth as possible. At Knightons Estate Agents, we aim to eliminate the stress and make the experience as easy as possible.
What to Do Next
Buying or selling a home? Do you require a valuation? Please contact Knightons Estate Agents for advice or Click here to fill in an online valuation request.
In the meantime, here are a few guidelines which we hope will assist:
Firstly, if you are selling, you will require a valuation. At Knightons Estate Agents we can offer you a free, no obligation factual and accurate appraisal of the current market value of your home. Our experienced property valuers will provide you with a valuation based not only on their in depth knowledge of Buckhurst Hill, Woodford Green and surrounding areas, but also utilising our extensive database of recent properties sold.
INSTRUCTION OF THE AGENT/PROPERTY DETAILS
Having received your valuation, and provided that you are satisfied with it, we will then proceed to prepare full sales details of your property. Bearing in mind the importance of presentation, we will ensure that your sales details highlight the vitally important aspects of your property and ensure that your home is shown to its best possible advantage with the aid of full colour photographs and, if required, we can also set up a computerised 360 degree/virtual tour to feature on our website. Floorplans will also be generated to give prospective purchasers a clear layout of the property.
Once you have seen and approved our particulars of your home, you will then be in a position to receive prospective buyers. Appointments to view your property are made by Knightons Estate Agents and accompanied viewing can also be arranged to show prospective buyers around your home should you be unable to do so.
Your property is now ready to market and we offer the following:
- FOR SALES BOARD - This is the most simple and effective marketing tool, available 24 hours a day.
- OFFICE AND WINDOW DISPLAY – External and internal photographs will be prominently displayed in our premises throughout both of our branches in order to optimise exposure to the market place.
- EMAIL – Wherever possible, all prospective buyers who register with us are asked to provide email addresses in order to ensure that they are notified of any new properties as soon as possible within 24 hours of receiving your instruction.
- MAIL SHOTS (and telesales) - We will contact registered prospective buyers as soon as possible after receiving your instruction and your details will be forwarded to any new registered buyers immediately.
- WEBSITE – This is updated constantly and full colour details of your home are placed on our website within 24 hours of being placed on the market.
- We also have an optional 360 degree/virtual our which can assist to further enhance your property.
- Besides the exposure on our own site, Knightons Estate Agents is also affiliated with the following national property websites which will feature your home:
ADVERTISING – We provide regular prominent advertisement of your property in the following publications;
- Property Mart
- West Essex Life
- In Magazine
this will ensure that your home is fully marketed and reaches maximum market exposure.
UPDATING ON YOUR SALE – At Knightons Estate Agents, we pride ourselves on our conscientious sales management. We aim to keep you regularly appraised of your sales process right through to completion and liaise with your purchaser, the legal representatives, surveyors and mortgage lenders in order to ensure that your sale is progressed as smoothly and as stress-free as possible. We also have a client login page which is accessed through our website and provides a continuous update of feedback on viewings.
OFFERS – Any offers we receive are promptly verbally notified and then followed up in writing. Our competent sales team will negotiate between you and your prospective applicant in order to achieve the strongest buyer.
We will inform you of the position of the buyers and liaise with you until an accepted offer has been agreed.
Should you require your sale to be completed by a certain date, this is when you should notify us and we will endeavour to satisfy your request wherever possible.
At this stage, you should also provide your list of Fixture and Fittings which will be negotiated separately between the solicitors and forms part of the final contract.
AGREED SALE – At this point (if you have not already done so), you will need to instruct a solicitor and, should you require assistance, we will only be too pleased to recommend local firms.
The solicitors will then write to all parties and the buyers will instruct a surveyor to conduct a survey of your property (the “agreed sale” is subject to the contract and any survey) and the buyers’ mortgage offer (if required) will also be subject to the results of the survey.
The sellers’ solicitors will request the TITLE DEEDS from the lender (if appropriate) or yourselves as the seller and the FIXTURES AND FITTINGS form must be completed at this stage.
The solicitors draw up the DRAFT CONTRACT which sets of the Terms of the Sale and sends it to the buyers’ solicitor together with all relevant documents. Any enquiries will then be raised, the Title Deeds and Lease (if applicable) will be checked and LOCAL SEARCHES carried out.
Once the draft contracts have been approved, it can be signed by both parties.
You should by now have contacted Removal Companies to provide quotations, we can provide the contact details for local approved firms.
EXCHANGE OF CONTRACTS – As long as the mortgage offer has been received and cleared funds placed with your buyer’s solicitor, a mutually convenient date can be agreed upon for the exchange of contracts.
COMPLETION – The completion and your actual house move and take between 7 to 28 days depending on the buyers, sellers and their respective solicitors.
CLICK HERE FOR OUR TERMS & CONDITIONS